Cool Blue energy drink
- "EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!" - Sam
- "If you're gonna compare Vitamin water to Kool aid, you might as well stop reviewing beverages cause your ta..." - NightSlasher1
- "I agreed with this review, thanks!" - anon
- "I am a Monster junkie, but I liked this drink because it didn't have as much caffeine and was in between a ..." - anon
- "Keep up the great work, man. I just posted my first review since January 11th. And I have a few more on the..." - Avery
- "i actually think you're just a pussy that can't handle a strong cofffee drink .. not everyone likes Starbucks" - Anon
- "This drink is actually pretty delicious on the rocks. tastes like straight coffee black and smooth, no gimm..." - Anon
This flavor tastes just like it looks – a melted blue raspberry Jolly Rancher. This is not a bad thing – and really I would have been disappointed if it tasted like anything else. I know the label said this was supposed to be berry flavor, but the taste was generic enough of a berry to let my taste memory kick in and I could not shake that Blue Raspberry taste – thats just what blue colored drinks should be like.
I can only dream of the fun you could have when mixing this. Of course I had to try Cool Blue in a couple recipes, and found some interesting color combinations could be had. As expected, it made for a very girly vodka drink – so much so that it needed a chunk of fruit in a straw in it. It was also great mixed a little with some cranberry juice and gin for a yummy Purpletini. Cool Blue would be fun to have in a bar gun – so bartenders could play with this as an ingredient, like blue curacao or ginger schnapps.
It does not really matter if there is a kick in Blue Raspberry or not, but it is nice that there is a little. There is the usual caffeine amounts and energy drink ingredients like Taurine and such in here, with nothing too spectacular or out of the ordinary. But this is not a drink to pick up when you are just wanting a Red Bull Equivalent, this is a drink you want to show off – to take with you to meetings and parties.
Of course adding that lovely color means hat there are artificial colors and flavors and all that in here, but it is not glow-in-the-dark nuclear chemicals ( I did check it under a black light to see if I could make it glow, but alas) as much as your standard stuff you would find in any soda. While I would not be popping 3 or 4 of these a day, Cool Blue is a fun way to start off your boring social events.
- straight up energy drink